Cricket Victoria is proud to announce a three-year partnership with Kukri as the organisation's official apparel supplier incorporating the Commonwealth Bank Bushrangers and VicSpirit.
Established in 1999, Kukri has rapidly become one of the world leading sportswear manufacturers, offering more than six million design, fabric and colour combinations across 50 sports.
Having already created an extensive portfolio of sporting partners, including the Irish cricket side and leading English County outfits Somerset and Lancashire, Kukri Australia Director Paul Bayliss said his organisation was looking forward to partnering Cricket Victoria.
“We are absolutely delighted to form this partnership with Cricket Victoria,” Mr Bayliss said.
“As a global cricket brand, this fits perfectly with our cricket strategy in Victoria and around Australia.
“We see this as a fantastic opportunity to work closely with Cricket Victoria to assist teams and clubs purchase the very best quality, and individually designed cricket apparel.”
With the partnership including on-field apparel for Cricket Victoria’s Academy teams and pathway programs, the deal will allow the organisation to play at the top of its game both on and off the field.
“Cricket Victoria is excited to be aligned with an innovative and progressive apparel partner that provides not only a solution for our flagship sides but the sport as a whole,” Cricket Victoria General Manager Marketing, Commercial and Communications Tim Gledhill said.
“We believe Kukri offer outstanding products and have been impressed not only with the quality of their designs and fabrics, but their passion to be involved in the sporting landscape.”
As a special introductory offer, Kukri will offer a 15% discount for orders placed before July 15, 2012.
Click here to learn more about Kukri and your sportswear needs.
The Name “Kukri”:
The name “Kukri” (phonetically pronounced “Cook Ree”) was chosen by the founder of Kukri Sports, Phil Morris, when he was Financial Controller of the Hong Kong Rugby Union and was watching a rugby match between a Hong Kong team and “The Flying Kukris” (now a Kukri customer).
What makes Kukri unique?
– Sportswear made for every team, regardless of level or ability;
– Product champions for cricket, rugby, hockey, netball, G.A.A., lacrosse, basketball and football;
– Sportswear for over 50 different sports;
– Over six million “made to order” sportswear options using design, fabric and colour combinations;
– “Design and order online” provides online kit creation and ordering at your fingertips;
– Eight weeks from order confirmation to delivery of a guaranteed quality product;
– Individual support from every member of Kukri; and
– Its flexibility and willingness to make it right!