The Umpire Manager will be in charge of the appointments of Umpires in our Mens, Womens, Juniors and VMCU Representative Competition’s, as well as educating the Umpires on the various rules and formats within these Competitions.
NMCA – Umpire Manager’s List of Duties
Under the general direction of the General Manager, manage the North Metro Cricket Umpire Program.
• Undertake an ongoing review of the current structure and operations as it applies to umpires and make recommendations on areas for structural and/or operational improvement.
• Recruit and develop Umpires for the Association.
• Utilise the NMCA approved database provider (My Cricket or Play HQ) to allocate and assess umpires in accordance with Association policy.
• Create a framework of benchmarks for reviewing umpire assessment.
• Assist with the development of on-line procedures for umpires on match and misconduct reports.
• Identify group’s strengths/weaknesses to improve.
• Create a template for match day that all must follow covering basics e.g. arrival time, how to prepare wickets, time to toss, dress standard, how to communicate in a professional manner.
• Promote a consistent and uniform approach by umpires that will be evident at all levels.
• Educate umpires on local bylaws.
• Provide Umpires with feedback on their performances.
• Communicate openly with Club’s at all levels and create positive relationships.
• Schedule & lead regular umpire meetings.
• Regularly report to the Board on key indicators including umpire numbers, performance and positive and negative feedback from the Clubs. This includes Club’s who continue to give inconclusive feedback.
• Communicate with and assist the Operations managers with any special requests by way of appointments they may require.
The successful candidate can utilise the NMCA website and social media for purposes that will benefit and improve the NMCA members.
The NMCA Umpires Manager will be paid an annual honorarium for this role.