Sport and Recreation Victoria maximises the economic and social benefits provided to all Victorians by the sport and recreation sector through:
- Ensuring greater access and opportunities for participation in sport and recreation by all Victorians;
- Maintaining Victoria's reputation as Australia's leading state for sporting and major events;
- Improving the quality of community sport and recreation facilities;
- Strengthening the capacity of sport and recreation organisations; and
- Reinforcing the enriching role that sport and recreation plays in people's lives.
The continued development of the sector relies on the collaborative efforts of individuals and organisations across the not-for-profit, private and government sectors.
Such collaboration maximises the contribution of all players whether at grassroots or elite levels, and engages volunteers and professionals alike.