Sports Turf Association Victoria will be hosting a Pitch Preparation Day for volunteer and professional curators on Tuesday 12 September 2017.
Hosted by experienced turf educator and curator John Shannon, the one day course will be held at Melbourne Grammar School's Edwin Flack Park, Todd Road, Port Melbourne from 7:00am to 3:00pm.
Australia has been a leading nation in global cricket for over a century. Much of this success is due to the quality of the grounds prepared and used at the grassroots of cricket. Today we have even higher standards being requested and achieved.
The Pitch Preparation Day will offer something for everyone engaged in the seasonal task of building, preparing and maintaining a quality cricket pitch.
Subjects to be covered on the day include:
1. Overview of how to prepare a pitch
2. Introduction and pitch selection/rotation
3. Marking up a pitch
4. String line out a pitch and wicket table markings
5. Cutting a pitch
6. Watering of pitch and wicket table
7. Rolling the pitch at different stages of preparation
8. Cross rolling
9. Grassing up the pitch
10. Repairing damaged pitches
11. Hessian and cover use
12. Sodding a pitch
13. Other tasks include - growth cloth, sprigging, seeding, fertilising, mower heights, preparing grass clippings
The objective is to enhance the skills of each attendee in delivering an improved delivery of a professional cricket pitch to your local Association.
For more information or to register, download the information and registration form.
17 JULY, 2017 |